Friday, May 30, 2008

-I was talking to some chick I met and they were like "Do you get high?" I was like "Yeah totally." Then we went to her room and she took out all this coke and started snorting it and smoking it. I was like "This is what you meant when you asked me if I get high?" She was like incredulous and was like "Yeah, what did you think I meant?" I was like "Well, I thought you meant the thing that everyone means when they use the term 'get high'". I feel like that's pretty universally known that 'get high' means smoke weed, not freebase cocaine. She really had her slang for things wrong.
That's like being like "Hey do you get high?" "Yeah." And then taking me to rob a bank. "What is this? Why am I robbing a bank with you?" "You said you got high!" "I know, but this is not at all what that saying means." "Do you play tennis?" "Yeah!" "Cool let's play tennis." Cut to the next day. "Why are we stealing babies?" "Dude! You said you liked to play tennis!" "This is not tennis. You're bad at describing things you want to do."

No comments: